Wednesday, March 9, 2011

3/9 - A River Runs Through It

Decided to take a walk last night and while that in itself is newsworthy, that's really not what this is about. 

The lake actually had a current running from east to west.  No waves, just current.  It looked like a giant river.  And it was moving fast, pushing a section of ice right along.  I don't know if it was an optical illusion or not, but the adjacent section of ice appeared to be moving in the opposite direction at a slower pace.  It was pretty interesting and I'm sorry that I don't have a video of it to show you.

The ice mountains are still out there, but they seem to be shrinking. 

And oh guess what ~ found the first beach glass of the season!  I don't know why that stuff makes me so happy, but it does.

There were so many zebra mussel shells that it sounded like snow crunching underfoot.  At least it's been cold enough that they don't smell any more.  Always a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment