Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's Buckeye Season

My friend, Teresa gave me the idea for buckeye bottle stoppers and I took it and ran with it.  Oh, look ~ I made a football reference! 

Anyway....there are 3 new bottle stoppers in the Seasonal section (they can also be found in the Gift Ideas for sports fans). 

Today, I added a new plate item embellished with buckeyes (also found in the Seasonal section and Gift Ideas for sports fans and for the gourmet).  How clever would it be to use the buckeye embellished plate to serve up the yummy buckeye treats?

I'll save you the trouble of looking up the recipe ~

BUCKEYES
1-1/2C peanut butter
1 stick butter or margarine
1lb powdered sugar
1t vanilla

Mix together.  Roll in 1" balls and refrigerate until cold and set.

Dip:  12 oz. pkg chocolate chips
          1/4 stick paraffin wax

Melt wax and chips in double boiler.  Insert toothpick in each ball and dip in chocolate mixture.  Place on wax paper to cool.

P.S. you can find paraffin wax in the canning section

No comments:

Post a Comment